Monday, January 03, 2011

Yesterday

We celebrated a new believer's baptism and a new family joining our church - an awesome start to the new year with our church family!

Pastor encouraged us to make just four commitments for 2011, based on the following scripture:
Philippians 3: 12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
In 2011, I commit to:
1. Forget past failures (Phil 3:13)
2. Give up grudges (Col 3:13)
3. Restore relationships (Rom 12:18)
4. Turn my back on my transgressions (quit sinning!) (Rom 6:2)

I'm reminded this morning of just how challenging these four commitments will be as I read this blog post by GospelDrivenLife, On Judging, Blogging and White Christmas.
It's encouraging to know others struggle with the same issues I do, and convicting to see that sin called out in black and white for what it is.

Four day weekends are awesome, but I seem to get more done when I'm in my work-week routine. Looking forward to a productive week!

No comments:

Blog Archive