Sunday, January 02, 2011

So easy to write on the weekends...

...when there is no pressure to GET EVERYTHING DONE before I leave for work.

Weekends are usually when I catch up on the blogs I follow. This morning I read a great prayer for this time of year on Tim Challies' blog, although the prayer is from HEART CRIES TO HEAVEN by David Campbell and Sara Leone: Prayer At The Closing Of Another Year.

Also, I loved the new year thoughts here, especially the word study from Song of Solomon (Song of Songs) Chapter 1.

A rare treat this weekend - my husband and I spent all day Friday together, at home (it's been almost a year since we've had a whole day at home together). When you raise cattle, there are NO DAYS OFF. Cattle need to be fed every day, or checked every day if they're on pasture. New calves need to be admired and ear-tagged. There is hay to be hauled and feed to be ground/mixed. There is equipment to be repaired or moved, fence to be built or unbuilt, and the occasional pinochle game to be played. (Or, this time of year, a quarter or two of a bowl game to watch.) But, Friday, there was sleet - enough of it for him to justify leaving the work to others closer at hand and staying home with me.

We cooked lunch together, he practiced his bass (with me providing encouragement and some discombobulated coaching), and we laughed together over friends' comments on Facebook. Simple pleasures - the best.

No comments:

Blog Archive