Friday, January 07, 2011

Friendship

Friendship is rare on earth. It means identity in thought and heart and spirit. - Oswald Chambers

This past year I have been blessed to find I have friends. Yes, sounds pathetic, but I have always been a person who puts too much expectation on friendship and then ends up feeling disappointment or even betrayal. God kept chipping away at my reserves, though - my self-dependence - until I had to accept that only He can provide EVERYthing I need. Now that the burden of being all things for me has been removed from the friendship equation, I find I have good friends (some great friends) and know what a blessing they are in my life.
When once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely, we never need sympathy, we can pour out all the time without being pathetic. - Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Blog Archive