Monday, November 17, 2008

From "Our Daily Bread" Friday, November 14

“…being with a person who loves us never gets old!”

 

The earthly context is honeymoon couples who spend hours reading travel brochures, trying to find the perfect romantic getaway – but it’s not about the place, it’s about the person.  The spiritual context is our thoughts and questions about what heaven will be like – but it’s not about the place, it’s about the Person.

 

It has taken me a long time to understand why anyone would long for Heaven (I love life and can’t wait to see what the new day will bring), but I finally got it after hearing “When I Get Where I’m Going” recorded by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton:

 

“…Yeah when I get where I'm going

There'll be only happy tears

I will shed the sins and struggles

I have carried all these years

And I'll leave my heart wide open

I will love and have no fear

Yeah when I get where I'm going

Don't cry for me down here…”

 

But, while I’m still here on earth with the rest of ya’ll, that original quote just reminds me that no matter where we are or what our circumstances are, it’s being with people who love us and knowing our salvation is sure that brings joy and fulfillment to life.  So, thanks to Near Perfect Husband, Tiny Ninja, Danger Haley and The W for being my joy and my fulfillment.

No comments:

Blog Archive